*Read this newsletter on the web for the best experience*
So… Elon still doesn’t own Twitter (hooray!). But the threat remains (boo!). We’ll get into all that in a moment.
First off this week:
Also… This SM tool is good! 👇
Still using multiple Google Docs + endless emails to plan content ideas?
This top tool helps organize your content ideas and to-do’s with a visual twist.
Save time. Be more organised. Get more done | Check it out
🔥 GEEKOUT HOT 5
- Elon Musk revealed how he’ll fund his Twitter takeover [SHOW ME THE MONEY]
- Instagram plans algorithm update to boost original content [TIKTOK PROBLEMS]
- Meta and Spotify are already losing interest in live audio [PIVOT! PIVOT!]
- Obama suggests how to fix the problems with social media [PREACH]
- Instagram tweaks hashtag pages to push Reels harder [MORE REELS]
I’m wired into 200+ RSS feeds, Twitter, and my email inbox, to help keep you on top of everything new in social media. Here are the most-noteworthy updates you should be aware of this week…
Wynter is looking for social media pros to join its research panel.
- Simply participate in messaging research surveys
- Get paid for your comments.
A Twitter Space featuring ex-Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan may have set a new record for the most live listeners
(165,000+). However, some suspect bots were used to inflate the numbers.
WORTH A LOOK 👀
🔥 FREE STUFF:
The Complete Guide to Social Media Analytics [DOWNLOAD]
The FBI’s 83-page Guide to Internet Slang [CLASSIFIED]
MrBeast Interview in Rolling Stone’s Creator Edition [BEASTED]
Meta’s new building groups for businesses playbook [TAKE A LOOK]
Alrighty then… Let’s slide into analysis of the news headlines everyone’s been talking about…👇
P.S. The Geekout Debrief on Twitter Spaces is taking a late Easter break this week, but it will be back next Friday!